D3.6 VICINITY Core Components continuous upgrades
The present document is the deliverable D3.6 “VICINITY core components continuous upgrades, first version” of the VICINITY project, funded by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Research and Innovation (DG RTD), under its Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme (H2020). The deliverable D3.6 is a part of the WP3 VICINITY server implementation.
D3.6 presents the implementation status of the VICINITY Core components, which were defined in D1.6 VICINITY Architectural Design, as part of the VICINITY architecture. The VICINITY Core components consist of VICINITY Neighbourhood Manager, VICINITY Communication Server, VICINITY Semantic dynamic and interoperability platform, VICINITY Open Gateway API, VICINITY Gateway API Services and Distributed Query Client including VICINITY Ontology.
The VICINITY Core components provide interoperability as a service to IoT infrastructures and services connected through VICINITY Agent(s) and VICINITY Adapter(s). These core components enable to register, manage and discover devices and services in the platform, query values from devices based on semantic request and exchange data in P2P network. The VICINITY Core components functionality has a more detailed description in the following release notes: D3.1 High-available VICINITY server deployment, D3.2 Web-based VICINITY neighbourhood manager, D3.3 Open Interoperability Gateway API, D3.5 Semantic discovery and dynamic configuration services.
The VICINITY Core components were updated due to integration and deployment activities during VICINITY Project integration and deployment stage. Thirty issues were identified, resolved and covered by this release. The most notable updates are as follows:
- Implementation of the automatic semantic model generation used for the distributed virtual neighbourhood querying;
- Alignment of VICINITY Ontology Property attribute with SSN and WoT ontology and Open Connectivity Foundation;
- Simplification of the most used VICINITY Neighbourhood Manager API, especially the user and organisation registration processes, and the improvement of error handling on VICINITY Neighbourhood Manager and Gateway API using more focused error status codes;
- Building and setting up the VICINITY Developers Landing page: http://vicinityh2020.github.io ;
- Improvement of logging in VICINITY Neighbourhood Manager and VICINITY Gateway API to reduce unnecessary resource load.