D3.3 Open Interoperability Gateway API, first version
The D3.3 – VICINITY Open Interoperability Gateway API first version - is the first release (i.e., the Alpha release) of all related VICINITY Releases. The goal of the D3.3 – VICINITY Open Interoperability Gateway API first version is to provide critical functionality of the VICINITY Gateway API to proceed in early concept validation for integrated infrastructure in the VICINITY Pilot sites and the VICINITY value-added services.
Based on the VICINITY Architectural design, expected VICINITY Open Interoperability Gateway API functionality is the following:
- Registry service – set of services that enables to register, access and that provides IoT objects descriptions;
- Consumption service – set of services to interact with IoT objects in the following ways:
- Get and set IoT objects properties;
- Performing the actions on the IoT objects;
- Receiving the events of the IoT objects;
- Discovery and query service – set of services to perform discovery in the VICINITY virtual neighbourhood and query for IoT objects’ properties, based on IoT objects semantic description.
According to “Interface (integration) view and Process view” in D1.6 VICINITY Architectural design”, Registry services and Discovery and query services dependents on the VICINITY Neighbourhood Manager and Semantic discovery & dynamic configuration agent platform, including Gateway API Service components. These components are in early stage of implementation, thus these features will be provided in upcoming release.
Thus, the first version of the VICINITY Gateway API is focused on Consumption services to exchange properties and actions between integrated IoT infrastructures and value-added services. This will enable us to practically proceed to the proof of a concept on integration of value-added services and IoT infrastructures.
Current implementation of VICINITY Gateway API (including examples of adapters and integration documentation) can be downloaded from the VICINITY webpage (http://vicinity2020.eu/vicinity/content/implementation).
Remaining functionalities will be published in the next official so called as “Beta” release of the VICINITY Core components, planned in M30 (in line with DoA) of the VICINITY project.